Glad indeed are the souls with whom I walk. Walking with Me is security. The coming of My Spirit into a life, and It's working are imperceptible. But the result is mighty.
Learn of Me. Kill the self. Every blow to self is used to shape the real, eternal, imperishable you.
When I died on the Cross, I died embodying all the human self. Once that was crucified, I could conquer even death.
When I bore your sins in My own body on the Tree I bore the self-human nature of the world. As you too kill self, you gain the overwhelming power I released for a weary world, and you too will be victorious.
It is not life and its difficulties you have to conquer, only the self in you. As I said to My disciples, "I have many things to say to you but you cannot bear them now." You could not understand them. But as you go on obeying Me and walking with Me, and listening to Me, you will, and then you will see how glorious, how marvelous My revelations are.
-God Calling
Wow, talk about chills - that is just amazing to me...To think that Christ completely conquered the human flesh - the human nature - the human desires so that we could also conquer and be victorious is such an empowering and yet overwhelming thought. I often think a/b Christ and get this super human image of Him - an image of someone larger than life, who could defeat all - when in reality He was but a simple man, walking in the same shoes you and I walk in today. That thought provokes feelings of complete inadequacy and at the same time, feelings of the greatest and deepest respect I have ever known. Just enduring my daily struggles is near impossible at times, and to think that this man, Christ, did it perfectly and blamelessly every day for 33 years so that we could fail to do it for even 1 is astounding. So incredibly humbling....it is truly a testimony of who He was, and of the One who sent Him.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment