Job 11:7-9
Can you fathom the mysteries of God?
Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?
They are higher than the heavens-what can you do?
They are deeper than the depths of the grave-what can you know?
The measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea.
It's the box I put Him in that defines the power He has in my life...
This weekend my box grew leaps and bounds.
The past few weeks have been a prelude to a spiritual awakening in my soul. Praise the almighty God above who is so great and who is constantly working in our lives for our own good and for His own glory. Praise be to the God who is so willing to extend his grace and mercy to me, seemingly so unworthy. And the God who sees me, in the midst of so much, and who answers my call.
John 11:40
Did I not tell you that if you belived, you would see the glory of God? His glory has been seen and witnessed by so many. I have witnessed a display so consuming that it cannot be denied. A spirit so thick that it drives me to my knees in awe and thanksgiving.
This weekend I have found my identity. Ah, what an amazing revelation I was given. While my behavior has been changing...it has been such a battle b/c my identity has not. I have still been finding my value and identity in outward appearance and so my spirit and my soul have been at war over the course of the past 3 months with my flesh waiting in the balance, everyday, waiting to see which one would win the daily battle. Today the war ends...it ends in the name of Jesus b/c I am now claiming my identity in Christ. I have been claimed and purchased and my identity depends on no one but the God who created me.
My God who so carefully created me and then diligently smoothed the edges until I could be a reflection of His light. I receive the words that were spoken to me this weekend...that I AM a mighty woman of God, with beauty that has been set above others, with a heart made to serve him and with a purpose greater than I could possibly comprehend.
Oh Lord, I am earnestly seeking your gifts and your purpose in my life. That you would reveal to me in some way what it is you have made me for. I am seeking sensitivity in my spirit so that I can hear you speak to me...please quiet my mind so that my spirit might hear and understand the words you are giving me.
Speak to me in all places and give me the courage to act on your words - make me a true vessel for your work at ALL times and not just within the body of Christ. You are so good Lord, so good - and I just invite your spirit to dwell in me at all times so that I may be filled with a joy that others can't understand...but will be drawn to.
Give me the courage to be hated by those who don't know you - and to persevere in light of it.
I have been given something this weekend which has the potential to change my life as I've known it and I pray that I will allow it to do so. No more will I hinder my joy for the sake of others...no more will I hide my progress to spare those who aren't - and no more will I hide in the comfort zone of my past. Thank you Lord for what you have provided and for the way in which you work...there are no words...
Sunday, October 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment