Monday was once again an enlightening session of soaking in the presence of the Father...It never ceases to amaze me - during these sessions I'm always plagued with this itty bitty voice questioning if I'm getting anything out of this...Am I really soaking?? And then after the fact as I sit and reflect, I begin to recall the revelations given during this precious time and I'm filled again with the peace and the increased faith that He is there always...
This week I was prompted to write during my time w/ the Lord - I had to go back and re-read what I wrote b/c I couldn't really recall, only that He was revealing areas in me that still desperately need work....here is a paragraph that I found particularly true in my life...
Let go of yourself and you will find the experience and the freedom you are seeking. I speak to you often and you are still too much in the way, too present, to let my soft whispers penetrate into the depths of your soul. Sweet child just rest a while, stop trying, you were not created for such things. You were not created to survive alone and to sustain yourself but with specific weaknesses that you might recognize your need for Me, your Creator. This is why you should rejoice in these weaknesses, your proverbial thorns, for it is in these that you find Me.
Hmmm, good stuff Lord - and oh so true. I still find myself thinking w/ my head far too often - just when He is trying to show me another glimpse - my head interrupts with logic and reason, things that the Lord wants nothing to do with. Our God is not logical, He is not reasonable by our standards...trying to find Him with our minds will never be sufficient. Only our spirits could possibly come close to grasping Him...only our spirits, which were born of Him, could possibly hear and comprehend the language that He speaks.
Rejoicing in my weakness is something that can be so difficult, we find His strength here, and yet it can still be so painful to face it and overcome - obviously this is the case so that we can give the glory to no one other than God, and at the same time it can be a second by second battle in which our choice to follow Him over our own selves hangs in limbo.
"Let go of yourself" -- four very small insignificant words in the human language, but when put together, one of the hardest things to accomplish in a lifetime. It is really something that must be done daily b/c our 'self' can be so consuming that it will overshadow anything that He is trying to accomplish. Oh, but the times that I am able to fully put myself aside, the reward is so great, so good. Our Lord is always faithful and His promises are never empty. He says that if we seek Him we shall find - not seek gifts or words or wisdom, but seek Him - the rest is just an overflow of what He is.
Isaiah 6
...I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphs, each with six wings; with two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet , and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another:
"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory"
Tuesday, October 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment