Monday, October 10, 2005

Amazing Grace

Tonight - I had so many things I wanted to write about that I couldn't focus on one particular line of thought, all of it just jumbled in my brain and flowing at such an intense pace - it was frustrating me...so I flipped on the worship music and invited Him in - and then I closed my eyes and just typed - this is the un-edited result - maybe not the most eloquent words I have ever produced, but born of the spirit and of my heart for Him - hopefully the words were meant to bless some random soul that happens to be stopping by...

For it's only by the blood of Christ that He makes atonement for my soul and this will always be enough to cover this sins I commit against Him. Who are we to think that we could ever have the answer or the power to work or do our way into His presence? We were created by a potter of clay, by the master of all creation, we were created just as he would have us be, we were made specifically and a purposefully to fit into the master design of His glory. We are each here to serve specific roles in his kingdom, each day is new and each has been carefully orchestrated by the Father. The father who ineed loves us so much that he spilled his own holy blood to cover us in a grace and mercy so thick that it could never be wiped away. Blood that is so pure and holy that it could never be tainted. He is whispering to us daily, his words of love and caring. He is constantly breathing His love into our lives and is constantly working around us and in us whether or not our spirits are sensitive to the fact.


O, I am overwhelmingly grateful for the people he has so blessed me with - I would consider myself one of the luckiest people in the world to have the handful of people in my life who love me so much, the people that God created to do just that and who he put in my path in a divine manner to open my heart to Him and his glory. It makes my heart ache with joy and laughter b/c I feel as though I could never fully appreciate these gifts in a way that would measure up to Him.

His touch is so gently and light, sometimes seemingly not even there, but that is the beauty in our God, that he is there at all times and yet he chooses not to show himself until we are ready to fully understand and appreciate what he has done for us. It's all for his glory and what an amazingly clever and powerful God we serve. . How do I express gratitude such as this...how do I fully show my thanksgiving at the blessings he has poured into my life? I serve him to my fullest, and honor him in every relationship and action of my life. I die to him daily and allow him to use me to bless others as many have blessed me.

Lord I desire so much to be used by you, to be a vessel. I want to be your word and touch in someone else's life, I want to be the glimmer of you that they may only see once in their lifetime. Be near to me, so that I can sense you always and feel you in my daily walk. Finish the work you have started in me and prepare me for the great things you have in store. I am ready Lord, I am ready to see what awaits me. You said to ask it in your name and receive - and Lord I only ask for more of you - a fulfilling in my spirit, and an abundant overflow into the lives of others. I ask for your wisdom and for the ability to worship you in a way that is pleasing to you.

1 Timothy 12
I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Lisa,
I just wanted to post a comment to let you know how awesome I think you are! I love seeing you at church and group and reading your blogs. I wanted to write in your journal this weekend, but I couldn't find it, so I thought I'd write it in your online journal. :) I am so excited to get to know you better. You are such an incredible woman of God, and I know that I'm going to grow so much because of you. Love you, girl!