What can I do with my obsession
With the things I cannot see
Is there madness in my being
Is it the wind that moves the trees
Sometimes you're further than the moon
Sometimes you're closer than my skin
And you surround me like a winter fog
You've come and burned me with a kiss
And my heart burns for you
And my heart burns...for you.
I'm so filthy with my sin
I carry pride like a disease
You know I'm suffering lord
I'm longing to be close
you burn me deeper than I know
I feel lonely without hope
I feel desperate w/o vision
You wrap around me like a winter cold
You come and free me like a bird.
And my heart burns for you
And my heart burns...for you.
*David Crowder Band
http://www.dcb01.com/recordings/index.php4
If you want to listen - it's on the Can You Hear Us CD
I'm sitting here and I'm remembering a time and a day when I didn't know the Lord...I belived in "God" but didn't serve Him and, honestly, I didn't really know what believing in God meant. I can remember a time when God was maybe a flicker of a thought every 6 months or so, when things were bad and even then it was rare.
I can remember this and at the same time I'm wondering how in the world I EVER survived it...all those years spent in the darkness, in the absolute wilderness wandering around like a lost child - having no knowledge of this entire world that existed around me. How did I EVER go an entire day without thinking about and talking to God - walking around as though I were capable of existing on my own, walking around in complete defiance to God - and it pains my heart to even think about it.
The depths of my gratitude at this point are beyond explanation - I stand in utter and complete awe of the Lord who called me out, who drug me out and into His presence. The place I come from is death. The world I grew up in was death...nothing less. For as much as my parents may have tried to love me - they didn't stand a chance b/c they don't know my God - and they can't possibly know Love. They created wounds and scars deep in my soul that they will never know about or understand simply because they didn't know Love...Lucky for me that I do - and that my sould can be repaired and restored and that I have a spirit born of God..
My Lord, I am so indebted to You for putting me in a place where i could finally experience what it means to be loved...unconditionally. My heart is so full right now, full of thanksgiving and gratitude b/c I am so truly blessed...and as the tears of joy choke up in my throat, I can't help but proclaim that I will never go another day as long as I live w/o speaking to my saviour. There is comfort in that - and I rest in knowing that You will always be there to receive me.
My heart is on fire right now - burning with a passion and a desire to know You so intimately that there isn't a shred of myself left...less of me and more of You Lord......My heart burns, it burns for you and it yearns for you in a way that I never knew it could...give me more Lord...
Thursday, October 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment