Monday, November 21, 2005

What God has joined together...


Over the course of the weeks since Julie and Ryan were married there have been such great testimonies brought forward as to how their wedding has touched people at their very core. It is such an amazing thing to see how the Lord is showing his power and is visibly answering the prayers of so many through this event. There were so many praying diligently that the Lord's presence would be felt at this ceremony and that their wedding and marriage would be a living testimony for God. I was thrilled to see so many people partaking in prayer and in service to Him during this time, people who are not accustomed to it and people who were likely made to feel a little uncomfortable by it...discomfort in the Lord is almost always a good sign! I can remember a good friend saying to me once - pick just a/b any venue, stand in the middle of a crowded room and simply say the name Jesus and it will undoubtedly bring about utter silence. It is a name that causes question and at times discomfort, it is a name that offends and a name that brings conviction - praise God for it! Praise God for the working of His spirit in a place filled with so many unbelievers...people who would not be subject to goodness of His message in any other way.

I was so blessed by the wedding and I have continued to be blessed by the stories and testimonies that are coming forth. All glory and honor and praise to the One who is so giving and who is so faithful in His promises...I pray blessings upon their marriage, that Julie and Ryan would continue to seek His face and continue to seek service to Him in the ways they are called to do so. I pray protection against any attacks brought upon them for their service and that their marriage would be guided and guarded by the living and loving Father.

1 comment:

Holly O'Quinn said...

Hey Lisa,
I agree it was a very spirit filled day. Praying for their wedding was such a blessing. I'm so thankful to hear how so many were blessed and touched by the ceremony.

Side note: your post from Wednesday did not come up until today.