Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Weekly reflection...

It's been quite the past few weeks - life in general moving by at breakneck speed, waking up from day to day not really knowing what I did the day prior. It's been an entire month of very deep and very deliberate introspection. The very difficult task of looking in and seeking what is really there...digging into the areas that may not be so attractive and really looking at what makes up my 'being'. There's some good there and there's a whole lotta bad too. It's an exciting time and I'm so blessed with the perspective of knowing that I am in the midst of the Lords work - I am dab smack in the middle of refining - and as uncomfortable as that can be, there is so much to look forward to. I am well aware that this has nothing to do with me, but only with what the Lord is preparing in me and what He is preparing me to do. I can only try to make myself open and available for what He's doing...

I've been tested in so many areas lately - during this time I've learned that for the most part, what I have to say is much less important that what I should be hearing from the other person. My hurts, my sorrows, my pains - they are all seen by the One who matters, so why is it so important to make it known to others. Others who only want to voice their own hurt and pain and who want to be heard. Listening to theirs w/o voicing my own - that is the key. And it's not a/b keeping it in, or bottling it up - but about taking it to the One who can truly make it okay and who can truly understand. At times, my response to a situation can be a far greater testimony than any words that I feel I have to offer.


Remember, you are only an instrucment. Not yours to decide how or when or where you act. I plan all that. Make yoursel very fit to do My work. All that hinders your activity must be cured.

But, My children, you may think I did say, "Take up your cross daily and follow Me." Yes, but the cross given to each one of you is only a cross provided on which you can crucify the self of yours that hinders the progress and Joy and prevents the flow through your being of My invigorating Life and Spirit.
~God Calling (Author Unkown)


YES Lord! That is what I'm seeking - to not make one move or action that is not of You...to weigh everything I do against what You would do. I'm learning that my own actions and my own thoughts are typically very unfruitful but that if I follow the example set by Your Son - eventually it all works out for my own good.

At this moment Lord I am praying a prayer that I cannot always bring myself to pray...that I would be fully humbled and dead to myself - not caring about what is happening to or against me but resting in the full knowledge that You do and that all of it is being handled in Your time and in accordance to Your will. And that in this I would find the ability to crucify all that is interfering with the plans You have made for me.

My children, I am here beside you. Draw near in spirit to Me. Shut out the distractions of the world. I am your Life, the very breath of your soul. Learn what it is to shut yourself in the secret place of your being, which is My secret place too.
~God Calling / Author Unknown.

No comments: