
Yes, I know, it's been more than a few days since I've visited - but a little grace would be so very appreciated...it's been a busy week to say the least.
A few updates and then onto the deeper meaning behind the post. Julie got married last Saturday - wow, right? It seemed very unreal the whole time...one of those things in your life that you assume will always happen, you just can't believe it when it does. I'm so happy for her, the wedding went beautifully and they just got back from the honeymoon tonight - I had the pleasure of house sitting all week -- good times with me and the crazy dogs ;) And tonight I'm back home and trying to collect myself and my thoughts. I've had a lot going through my mind lately and tonight something kinda weird came to me - this may end up being short for a few reasons...either it's not as profound as it sounds in my head and when I start typing it I'll just feel like an idiot...or...it's even more profound than I think and I'll never be able to find the words to convey what it is that's jumbled up in my head...either way, I figure it's worth a shot.
I randomly started thinking about the human mind today. The psychology behind it all, the reasoning (if any) around it all and I think that it's fairly reasonable to say that every single person in this existence has their own sort of truth in their life. They live by their own perception of the world, their own views on the stimulus surrounding them, their own beliefs and all of these things make up their own individual 'reality' per se. Similar to two people who look at a painting and see two totally different works of art...so is it also with life. I cannot perceive your reality any more than you can perceive mine. People most often clash and find conflict when their perception and understanding of a situation is different - it creates 2 totally different 'realities' in which both feel completely justified...(try to hang w/ me here for a second). It is overwhelming to think a/b all of the different realities that are currently co-existing all around us. Every person caught in the midst of the world they have created in their very own mind...acting and reacting according to their own set of perceptions about what is going on to them and around them. All of this said to finally say that I find complete amazement in the idea that so many people with so many different truths - can actually find the same truth in Jesus Christ...with all of the different perceptions of the world, all of the different views and realities, in a simplistic way we can all find the same reality in Christ. If each of us sought to find our personal reality and truth in nothing more than the teaching of Christ, we would all for a moment be in the midst of the same perception, the same views...the same 'world'. Granted, over time we have even managed to create different truths about God, but as I said...in the simplest form - the truth of our savior is the same. It makes me think of heaven, with all of Gods children fixated on center of existence, perceiving it and understanding it in exactly the same way...what does that even look like? What a glorious time it will be...completely beyond my human comprehension.
I've been feeling a sort of conviction lately to really try to understand and hear people. Not from my perspective, but maybe from theirs. It's really difficult at times...different people with different life experiences creates the possibility that it could be literally impossible for me to truly understand their view on things...but the challenge is at the very least intriguing and one which I hope will create in me the ability to love all, even when I can't understand their personal reality. A little weird I know...but interesting none the less.
I found this song shortly after posting this - thank you Lord - it is exactly what I'm talking about here...
It feels like your life's crashing down all around you
Let me ask if it's really so bad
Look at the world in it's suffering
Can you honestly tell me that know one else could understand
All the hurting inside
Why can't you see that freedom is sometimes simply another perspective away
Who could you be if your lens was changed for a moment,
Would you still be the same
A young child looks through a great stained glass window
Watching the people go by
Everyone seems to be wearing a red coat
His mother sees jackets in white
Now he can't understand why does she see it this way
Yesterday, you really couldn't see
By changing your angle a new world would be
Revealed to your once blinded eyes by moving a few degrees
Why can't you see that freedom is sometimes simply another perspective away
Who could you be if your lens was changed for a moment,
Would you still be the same
~ Kutless ~
No comments:
Post a Comment