Monday, November 14, 2005

He will sustain you...


Life can never be the same again. Once you have drunk of the wine of My giving, the Life Eternal - all earth's attempts to quench your thirst will fail.
God Calling - Author unknown


Being ruined for the Lord...it's like tasting the finest wine or coffee ever created...you will forever be ruined to the taste of anything less. While it can be frustrating and sometimes painful, it is a wonderful thing to know that you have been 'ruined' by God - to know that you have experienced something that will never let you forget and that will always haunt you in your attempts to deny it. It is my comfort today - knowing that the conviction over my recent fallings is only because I have experienced a heightened sense of Gods glory and blessings. I am grateful for this time b/c it is my affirmation that what I have experienced over the course of the past year has been a true transformation from my former self and that I need not fear.

Self dethroned - that is the lesson, but in its place put Love for Me, knowledge of Me. ~God Calling

Over the course of the past year I have been somewhat unknowingly on a journey to truly dethrone myself - I have gradually replaced my own perceptions and beliefs with thoughts of the Lord and with knowledge of Him. This time, this short season of time, I am learning just how much so. Tonight during a time of meditation and prayer I had the thought and vision of the Lord, so large - standing on the world. All of his children scurrying around at His feet, in such a futile hustle. There He stood - simply gazing down upon us and then gazing down upon me. On me, among all else, He saw me. Then He grew even larger and the world was encompassed in his hands...and then I felt rest. I am in His hands, we all are, being held so carefully. It is a peace and rest that I needed to be reminded of. Amidst the chaos and the every day rat race, that peace and rest is always there - it is a matter of retreating into a place where we can feel it and acknowledge it.

Thank you to those of you who have responded in prayer and phone calls to my recent posts. Please know that I love each of you so much and that my spirit is well - it is just a short time of trial and testing. I love you all so much for being so encouraging and for being such lights to me. You are all a part of my testimony and know that each of you is serving the Lords kingdom by continuing to guide me and encourage me to live it out. I am so thankful for the blessings the Lord has given me - rest assure that the enemy has not been victorious! He has only succeeded in driving me closer to God and in pushing me further in my pursuit of absolute surrender. Praise the Lord! I pray blessings upon all of you, for joy and peace and love, may the Lord be upon you today and always!!

1 comment:

Holly O'Quinn said...

Okay, let's assume the first comment is a spammer! How annoying. Anyway, loved your post today. God has brought you along the way and yes I do believe you have seen His glory in many ways this year. Part of that is what is coming out of you. His glory is being revealed through your life and your testimony. Way to go girl. I'm so proud of where you are and where you are going.