The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men know the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that way we may understand what God has freely given us.
1 Corinthians 2:9-12
God's own Spirit. He searches even God's deepest and most intimate thoughts and desires. And He searches mine. The Spirit that lives in God, lives in me (1 Corinth 3:16). The Spirit in God...the Spirit in me...hmm. If the same Spirit that searches the depths of God and knows His most intimate thoughts lives within my very own being, one might conclude then that every thought, desire, will and purpose of God is actually resting within my very spirit. It is all there, every bit of it - waiting for its appointed time to be revealed. (Eph 3:3 That is the mystery made known to me by revelation).
.
Man...there's just something about actually acknowledging the idea that Gods very own thoughts are just resting within me, His very will and desire for me and even for all of those around me is actually contained within me. It's direct access to His heart, like a spiritual umbilical cord of sorts linking us directly to our life source, continually pumping us full of spiritual nourishment. I'm no Dr. but from what I can remember in science class, the human umbilical cord supplies some of life's richest and most effective nutrients, and amazingly, it removes waste from the growing baby at the same time. It is absolutely essential for the growth and development of the fetus. In the same ways we desperately need that consistent feed, directly from our life source, of the richest and most effective spiritual nutrients available and even more so we need the waste that is so toxic to our lives to be cleaned out continually. Without this "umbilical cord" our spirits are starved, deprived, contaminated and absolutely clueless. We only know what our flesh and mind says, and we all know how accurate that information can be.
.
I feel that understanding God's thoughts and His desires begins with yielding to the Spirit...allowing Him to lead and guide and teach without interfering. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will (Romans 8:26-27). I'm learning that if I want to know what God's desires for me are, if I want to know the true heart of God - I need to make the Holy Spirit my very best friend. I must let the Spirit show me how to pray, show me what to pray for, and only then can I be sure that I am receiving God's will and not my own. The Spirit intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. I like that. A lot of things changed in my praise and prayer life when I stopped speaking so much and just started groaning and waiting. Not even a month ago God shared this revelation with me...in a rather blunt way, He literally told me that He doesn't need my words - He just needs my spirit. What are words to God really? He speaks to our spirit - most often not with literal words...but with pictures, and feelings, peace, comfort, joy, boldness, conviction, grief, gratitude, burdens...none of those are actual words, but they are God's words to our spirit, always guiding and always teaching. But the counselor the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name will teach you all things (John 14:26) and that's because all of the knowledge, all of the wisdom and revelation we could ever want or need is sitting inside of every one of us who has received the Holy Spirit. The possibilities are endless!! They are lessons that cannot be grasped outside of Him, lessons not even conceivable to the flesh. It's time to learn how to be sensitive, to listen, and to lean on God's own Spirit to show us when to take our next step or speak our next word. Kind of makes me want to press in a little harder...knowing that this Spirit isn't this far off distant 'thing' that we get bits and pieces of every now and then but that He's right here, right now........so close........can you feel Him? It's in seasons like the one I'm journeying through now that I realize how inadequate, irrelevant and ineffective my own thoughts and ideas are...I think I'm ready to toss those and try asking Someone who might actually have a real answer...
Romans 8:14
because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
Romans 8:16
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children
No comments:
Post a Comment