Saturday, December 10, 2005

Getting personal...

It doesn't seem like I give much random personal info on this blog and I thought maybe it was time to let you all in on some of the seamingly meaningless stuff that goes on inside this crazy little head of mine, nothing profound by any means - but hey - my train of thought in itself could be a little profound to some of you ;)

Okay, first let's start with shopping today. I was hit with this really random realization that we have entered into a time in fashion that I'm not sure anyone ever expected...it's almost as if the 70's and the 80's have collided...yes I know, a little disturbing. Who'd of thought you could pair a peasant shirt w/ an off the shoulder shrug and it would one day be 'in'?? I'll admit, I'm a fan of some, but other parts of this current trend are frighteningly similar to the bad 80's get-up's that we all love to make fun of. I'm down with the 60's and 70's coming back...let's just let the 80's go people - it was a fashion mistake - one that never needs to be revisited.

I realized today as I caught a glimpse of myself that my hair really does resemble a nest - lol - there are a few of you who will appreciate this acknowledgment.

I got caught in a fury of birds the other day sitting at a traffic light. For some reason when I lived up north and all the birds flew south for the bitter winters, I never realized that they all collected in one place. At first it was kinda neat, and then I began to get a little claustrophobic as they appeared to be descending right on my car (maybe in an attempt to get at the nest of hair sitting on top of my head). Seriously, it was just this mass of feathers and little bird bodies flying everywhere. I was half expecting them to start dive bombing my car. Luckily, they all just collected themselves neatly on the telephone wires and rooftops...then I started wondering what exactly they do while they're sitting there...I mean, what exactly are they looking at?

My obsession with mushrooms is getting a little out of control. I can honestly say that I have had mushrooms with every meal for at least the last 3 weeks. What is it a/b that little fungus that I love so much? I'm baffled myself...

I've decided that my true passion in life is to become a Christian singer. This goal is completely obtainable, if, I can always record in my car with the deafeningly loud music and the track playing in the background. It could quite possibly move some to tears, although maybe not for the reasons I would be hoping for.


I've been wondering lately when life got so serious.

I realized today how young a 16 year old really looks, and yet can remember how old and how invincible a 16 year old feels.

I've been thinking a lot about turning 25. 25? What in the world happened to 19-24 and have I really been out of high school for 7 years?!

With that...I've been thinking a/b how fast those 7 years have gone, and in turn how fast the next 7 will pass. What in the world am I going to do with the next 7 and the many more that follow? I've decided to list a few things that I desire to do before I die...some of them seemingly simple minded and some a little deeper...regardless, things that I would like to experience while I'm here and while I still can. So here it is...in no particular order...

1. Travel to Israel and walk the walk of Jesus.
2. Learn to play the guitar.
3. Create a work of art.
4. Learn pottery
5. Learn how to knit
6. Finish school (slowly but surely!)
7. Speak another language fluently
8. Travel to Europe
9. Catch a fish
10. See a whale
11. Go snorkeling/scuba diving
12. Learn to rock climb (and then climb a rock, preferably a big one)
13. Get married
14. Have children
15. Buy a home
16. Go to Africa
17. Go to Washington D.C.
18. Go to the Grand Canyon
19. Go skiing in Colorado
20. Learn how to ski ;)
21. Camp in the desert
22. Invent something
23. Live near the ocean or on a lake
24. Witness a visible and instant physical healing
25. Witness someone raise from the dead
26. Deliver a prophetic Word from God
27. Go on a missions trip overseas
28. Own a plant and not kill it
29. Plant a garden
30. Tell my father that I love him in person
31. See my sister again
32. Witness to my brother about the mercy, grace and love of Christ
33. See my family walk in the freedom of salvation
34. Work with girls recovering from eating disorders
35. Own a horse
36. Milk a cow
37. Fly first class
38. Go to Rome
39. Help build a church
40. Share my testimony in all of its glory to the world.

Okay, okay - I'll stop there - it's by no means finished and I'm sure I'll add to it as things come to mind....But it's a start.

So there you have it, my first post a/b nothing in particular and a/b nothing too terribly profound - no worries - there won't be many of these :)
Thanks for participating - go and have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey girl! I love your philosophical/theological/spiritual entries, but I want to see more of these thrown in. You're cracking me up! And your obsession with mushrooms is starting to worry me, too. Maybe we should stage an intervention.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa! I love your post today, and that's a great list. I would love to see you do all of those things too! God is going to do amazing things with you in the future. I'm excited to see what He has in store for you. Love you!