Yesterday was my birthday...and it was a pretty darn good day :) It was warm, it was sunny and it was peaceful. Spent with a couple of best friends - one really great guy and a few Japanese artitsts (okay, they were really chef's, but it was so good it could have been art). We went to Kobe's Steak Hibachi grill - and I give it two big fat thumbs up - a little pricey, but you will definitely get your money's worth.
Anyway, I've never been a huge birthday person. I don't get terribly excited or elated a/b it...probably b/c it's 2 days before Christmas and I spent my childhood getting two in one presents and celebrating my birthday on the 24th b/c it was easier for the family...regardless today, as I was driving around I starting thinking a/b the arrogance involved in celebrating our birthdays. One day a year we all sit around asking or waiting for people to celebrate something that we had absolutely nothing to do with...seems like it should be more of a God celebration if you ask me. I mean, who was it that knit me together in my mothers womb? Fearfully and wonderfully made? Who was it that knew me by name before my very existance and who likely waited in eager anticipation for the day that he could finally create me? Who was it that rejoiced in heaven the day that I was finally birthed, just as He had planned? Yes, it was my Father and that is who should get all of the glory and celebration on the day we're celebrating the birth of His very own creation.
That said, I am still grateful for the time invested in me by those that I love dearly to celerate the day the good Lord decided to bring me into the world. It was a great birthday and sitting here thinking about it, I am utterly overjoyed at the richness of the many blessings in my life...thanks to Julie, Ryan and Brett for making it especially special :) You are all 3 amazing in your own ways and you are all so very near and dear to my heart.
Merry Christmas to everyone! I pray that you all have a safe and happy Christmas! God bless you and your families!
Saturday, December 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment