Standing in a sanctuary where the presence of the Lord is so thick upon me that I feel like I'm choking...my spirit so full that I can't find the words nor the actions to express it - and so I cry - what an amazing, amazing experience - truly a gift from God.
The Shane & Shane concert was Sunday night at The Branch - it is something I have been looking forward to since my first encounter with them at Glen Rose this past summer. In ways that I cannot explain, they have a way of ushering the Spirit into a place that will bring a person to their knees. I cannot praise God enough for giving these men the gifts He has and for allowing them to serve Him in the way they do. I think it's possible that I carry a little bit of extra regard for them simply because they were a part of a moment in my life that I will likely never forget. They were truly a part of a breaking within me that has since led to such freedom and redemption in my life. That week was like a catalyst that started a chain reaction through my spirit, manifesting itself in my life as healing and joy. I can only hope that others there received a visit from the Holy Spirit that night as well. It was a blessing to just be standing in the sanctuary - soaking in the presence of our King. It is in those moments, that I stand in such amazement of God, in awe of His awesome power and so grateful for His extravagent work. Oh, he is so glorious....
Job 26
7 He spreads out the northern skies over empty space;
he suspends the earth over nothing.
8 He wraps up the waters in his clouds,
yet the clouds do not burst under their weight.
9 He covers the face of the full moon,
spreading his clouds over it.
10 He marks out the horizon on the face of the waters
for a boundary between light and darkness.
11 The pillars of the heavens quake,
aghast at his rebuke.
12 By his power he churned up the sea;
by his wisdom he cut Rahab to pieces.
13 By his breath the skies became fair;
his hand pierced the gliding serpent.
14 And these are but the outer fringe of his works;
how faint the whisper we hear of him!
Who then can understand the thunder of his power?"
Monday, December 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey friend. Sorry I never comment on your blogs. I read every one of them. I'm glad that you blog about important things, and your thoughts of spirituality. I've had these words in my hear for the past week, as well. Of course, the words I hear are spoken in rhyme with notes put to them, but they're the same words. What a cool passage. I can't help but think that in many ways, what we're experiencing now really is but the fringes. If this is the fringes, I'm excited to really grab hold of the robe!
Post a Comment