Monday, April 24, 2006

No snow for me!


Well friends...the news is in. The job in Chicago that I have been so anxiously waiting to hear word on has officially been given to a very deserving gentleman who already lives in Illinoise - Whew!

While I spent a lot of time praying about what the Lord could possibly need me for in Chicago, I was really sweating the idea of going back north. Since I found out a/b the potential move I have spent a lot of hours thinking about how much I love my home. The thought of leaving my church home, my friends and this wonderful warm weather was a little more than I could bear!

I thank you all for your prayers! I am 100% confident that the Lord has worked this out exactly as it was meant to be. I was made for this place!!! I just wonder why it took me 20 years to get here! So for now, I think I shall spend the next few days basking in the warm sun and praising God for not making me leave :)

Blessings to all of you - I love you so very much and pray that you are receiving more of the Lords love and wisdom with every passing day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am glad to hear it. I never wanted you to leave..let alone back up north. Yet, I also never wanted to say much about it..through prayer I trusted, just as you did..that He would place you where you are to be. Thank goodness it's here! I admire your faith sister. I admire the fact that you would leave everything behind if He called you there. A lot of people claim to follow God..but not all will follow out of their comfort zones or their own desires. It's easy to say you don't put God in a box..until it comes to where He desires you to go. Thank you for trusting Him enough to lay it all down and go. Bless you and your faith...I admire the fact that it's not words..that it's actions.

Jennifer said...

PTL! PTL! PTL!

And what Julie said...