Saturday, September 24, 2005

Trying times...

Worship! Right now! If God fails you, you will be the first person in history He's ever failed! (And I don't think you are important enough for Him to ruin His reputation over!) Keep on worshiping! Pick up the pieces and march on! - (God's Eye View - p. 136)


It's hard to read that when you or someone you love is going through a time of sorrow or of confusion. It's weird to me that often times myself and those that I love will all experience these seasons of indifference or distance at the same time...Those times when God feels far away, when your worship feels a little empty, and you are worshipping out of nothing more than blind faith, praying for just a small glimpse of His presence. Times when the questions far outway the answers and your mind is left reeling in the depths of not understanding our mighty Lord. It's a hard season to endure and yet one that the Lord says will come. It's hard when you're going through it (and we all do) and sometimes it's even harder when someone you love is going through it. I try to find the words to somehow comfort, all the while, knowing that none of my words are going to be the words to save the day...we are a society of fixers though - we see a problem and the immediate response is to fix it, patch it or at the very least put a bandaid on it...all the while the Lord is gently telling us to let Him fix it, let Him do what we have always failed to do as friends and family - provide comfort and peace. And so now, when I'm faced with a friend or a loved one who is struggling and battling things that I can't see, I hit my knees on their behalf, in urgent prayer, and leave the fixing to the Lord. It's all I can do, and it doesn't mean I love them any less, only that I love them enough to leave it in the hands of the Lord who Loves them more than I ever could.

Psalm 147 3:5
3 He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.

4 He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.

5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.

No comments: