Thursday, September 22, 2005

Psalm 86:12 - What a beautiful display of affection for our Lord.
I will praise you O Lord my God, with all of my heart; I will glorify your name forever...

My life has been one full of joy and laughter, hurt and sorrow, highs and lows...and in the end, my life is but a story for Christ. For all the hurt I have endured, I am grateful. All the times that I cried out in anguish and question, I cherish. It was not until now, that I see with clarity that the pain of my past served the purpose of putting me where I am today. I have seen my Lord orchestrate my life in such miraculous ways - in ways that I refuse to push aside to coincidence. I am truly grateful for the life I have been given, and even more for the grace and mercy I have been shown along the way.

I wanted to create a place where I could share the scriptures and thoughts that the Lord has laid on my heart. It is a place that is devoted to the Lord and which testifies to His goodness and sovereignty. I can only pray that it is pleasing to the Lord and that someone will be touched by the words written here.

I am nothing more than a vessel seeking to surrender my entire being to serve the Lord. I am no longer my own, but thine. Father, I abandon myself into Your hands; do with me what You will. Whatever You may do, I thank you: I am ready for all, I accept all. Lord, I give up my own plans and purposes, all my own desires, hopes and ambitions, and I accept Your will for my life. I give up myself, my life, my all, utterly to You, to be Yours forever. Amen.

This life is about surrendering - placing our life in the hands of the mighty creator regardless of the cost. I'm not sure that any of us knows what true surrender is, but it is my prayer that I might truly learn.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad that you have a blog! Blogging is one of my favorite things to do. It's so therapeutic...unless you have nothing to say, but feel the need to post anyway. Then it's just stressful. :) I'm going to add you to the "Blogs I Read" list on mine. Love you, girl!