God's Longing...
To the listening ear I speak, to the waiting heart I come. Sometimes, I may not speak. I may ask you merely to wait in My Presence, to know that I am with you. Think of the multitudes, who thronged Me, when I was on earth, all eager for something. Eager to be healed, or taught, or fed. Think as I supplied their many wants, and granted their manifold requests, what it meant to be Me. To find amid the crowd, some one or two, who followed Me just to be near Me, just to dwell in My Presence. How some longing of the Eternal Heart was satisfied thereby.Comfort Me awhile, by letting Me know that you would seek Me just to dwell in My presence, to be near Me, not even for teaching, not for material gain, not even for a message--but for Me. The longing of the human heart to be loved for itself is a something caught from the Great Divine Heart.-God Calling
Sorry to recycle material here, but I originally posted the above excerpt back in October of 2005...recently it was thrust to the forefront of my thoughts, by no accident I am sure. I'm struck with the absolute truth found within its words and with how that truth is so important to never be forgotten. There is so much peace found in just resting with Him, without expectation, without ulterior motive. Come to the feet of Jesus and do not seek, do not ask, do not search...just be still. Long just His presence because it is that glorious. Stop asking questions, stop seeking gifts or power and just for one true and pure moment seek the Givers face above all. Do not set your mind on the blessing to come, but on the blessing already present in just being near Him. I don't think that I can learn that lesson too many times. With so many prayers for peace, or knowledge or wisdom or blessings, at some point in the midst of it all I must learn that I don't have to go to Him with a request or a need, that I can go to Him just for the heck of it...in fact He wants us to...and as it says in the above passage, there is an eternal longing of the heart that is satisfied in nothing more than just being near Him. Being still and resting at the feet of our Lord will never go w/o reward or fulfillment...sometimes I wonder if it isn't the best kind.
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»
Post a Comment