
Therefore I will wall her in so that she cannot find her way. She will chase after her lovers but not catch them; she will look for them but not find them. Then she will say, 'I will go back to my husband as at first, for then I was better off than now.
Therefore I am now going to allure here; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her. There I will give her back her vinyards and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. There she will sing as in the days of her youth..."In that day," declares the Lord, "you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master'.
Hosea (exceperts of chapter 2)
The book is about Israel, but it speaks so much in relation to us as Gods people and children. I am in a season of being stripped of all the things that I seek for my solace, comfort and peace. The Lord has allured me into the desert, where He alone can speak to me and care for me until I can hear only His voice and see only His face. I am grateful for the gentle way in which He has brought me to this place and I am grateful for the spiritual eyes He has granted me so that I might know the reason I am here. I am content here, in this place at this time. I am sitting in this desert waiting expectantly for the things He is willing to share with me. Expecting to find revelation, understanding, peace and ultimately to find my first true love. Lord! I have followed you out into this place on blind faith and trust in your promises. I have drawn close to you Lord, honor your words to your people and draw near to me. You see my heart Lord, and you see how it is crying for you and how much it is desperately wanting to be near you...I want to call you my 'husband' Lord, a title deserving far more intimacy than that of a master. I want to be so close that I can no longer tell where I end and where You begin. Lord I am here, alone, w/o provision, relying only on the things You will provide and I will stay here for as long as it takes. Please come and visit with me, teach me, dwell with me, love me.
1 comment:
Um, I think the reason you woke up feeling that way was because you knew I was leaving town for the weekend and that it would be a long time before you'd see me again. That's enough to make anyone depressed.
Post a Comment