
Isaiah 40:12-14 Who has measured the waters in the hallow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighted the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance? Who has undestood the mind of the Lord, or instructed him as his counselor? Whom did the Lord consult to enlighten him, and who taught him the right way?
Just read that over and over again, until it's absolute immensity and wonder penetrates your very being - how can we not fall on our knees at the very utterance of His name? Will we forever fail to truly see and understand His greatness? How do we costantly continue to overlook the absolute enormity of our heavenly Creator?
I'll start with this thought...every day of our life is spent walking amidst thousands of God's miracles, most of which go unoticed or unappreciated. I know, I know, we've all heard the cliche, "every day the sun rises, we've experienced another miracle of God" and while that's true - there's so much more to it than that. The fact that the sun rises every day, on cue, providing heat and energy and life for our daily lives...REALLY is a miracle...the fact that little drops of water fall from the sky on a regular basis in order to replenish the earth and promote growth of plants and animals which feed and clothe us...REALY is a miracle. That we have plants that actually put oxygen into our atmosphere by way of their natural growing and living process so that we have air to breathe in order to live...REALLY is a miracle. The fact that our planet is just far enough from the sun not to be incinerated and not too far away to be frozen - REALLY is a miracle...are you getting my point? These are not just some happenings in nature seemingly fit together in this convenient little package perfectly designed to serve our very purpose on this earth... Just stop for a moment and think a/b how intricate the very thought of our lives are...how it's such a puzzle full of pieces here and there w/ parts cut out perfectly in order to fit the next piece. Are you humble before His might presence yet? How can we not look to His face with awe and amazement...
I've come to the realization that God is actually larger than you and I. For some reason I've always had this impression of God as Jesus, the size and shape of a man, but the power unimaginable by human thought.
How wrong I've been though - He's so much larger, so much bigger, literally, not just figuratively. It's the poetry of these scripture that have kept me grounded - in and out of the seasons of life - the questions and wonders, the anxiety the doubt and fear...even now, this season of correction and pruning - even in the midst of it all I rest heavily on the truth in these promises, in these testimonies to His absolute authority and greatness. I am reminded that I am in no position to question...and that I should only ever be in the position to praise with the utmost reverence for Him. Reverence...fear and respect and awe, all rolled into one big emotion and action. Fearing because you respect...fearing because you know how great He is...
.
I pray you read the following scripture slowly - line by line, and really receive it - He is so mighty...I don't know if I've ever fully understood the beauty of this passage. It is unbelievably beautiful. I beg you to take just a minute and really read it...catch the greatness, see His glory and be moved with reverent amazement at the creation we have become so complacent and comfortable with. So much so, that we fail to see the need to praise Him for it.....
.
Job 38:4-38
"Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand.
Who marked off its dimensions?
Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone -
while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?
"Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb,
"Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb,
when I made the clouds its garment and wrapped it in thick darkness, when I fixed limits for it and set its doors and bars in place,
when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther;
when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt'?
"Have you ever given orders to the morning,
"Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,
that it might take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it?
The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.
The wicked are denied their light, and their upraised arm is broken.
"Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses of the deep?
"Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses of the deep?
Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of the shadow of death?
Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.
"What is the way to the abode of light?
"What is the way to the abode of light?
And where does darkness reside?
Can you take them to their places?
Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
Surely you know, for you were already born!
You have lived so many years!
"Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
"Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail,
which I reserve for times of trouble, for days of war and battle?
What is the way to the place where the lightning is dispersed,
or the place where the east winds are scattered over the earth?
Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain,
and a path for the thunderstorm,
to water a land where no man lives,
a desert with no one in it,
to satisfy a desolate wasteland and make it sprout with grass?
Does the rain have a father?
Does the rain have a father?
Who fathers the drops of dew?
From whose womb comes the ice?
From whose womb comes the ice?
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens when the waters become hard as stone, when the surface of the deep is frozen?
"Can you bind the beautiful Pleiades?
Can you loose the cords of Orion?
Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons
Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons
or lead out the Bear with its cubs?
Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God's dominion over the earth?
"Can you raise your voice to the clouds
"Can you raise your voice to the clouds
and cover yourself with a flood of water?
Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?
Do they report to you, 'Here we are'?
Who endowed the heart with wisdom
Who endowed the heart with wisdom
or gave understanding to the mind ?
Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
Who has the wisdom to count the clouds?
Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens when the dust becomes hard and the clods of earth stick together?
Job 40:7-14
"Brace yourself like a man; I will question you,
and you shall answer me.
"Would you discredit my justice?
Would you condemn me to justify yourself?
Do you have an arm like God's, and can your voice thunder like his?
Then adorn yourself with glory and splendor,
Then adorn yourself with glory and splendor,
and clothe yourself in honor and majesty.
Unleash the fury of your wrath,
look at every proud man and bring him low,
look at every proud man and humble him,
crush the wicked where they stand.
Bury them all in the dust together;
shroud their faces in the grave.
Then I myself will admit to you that your own right hand can save you.
Then I myself will admit to you that your own right hand can save you.
3 comments:
This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
Post a Comment