Tonight I was reading Romans and I came across something and felt that I needed to add something to my previous post.
In the last post I spoke a lot a/b how the peace of God comes at a price, which, I still beleive to be true, however, I want to clarify that in that context I am speaking a/b the feeling of daily peace, the actual mental and spiritual peace that we can 'feel' in our daily lives through trials and tribulation.
I would like to also state that there is a Peace with God that is free to all who are willing to accept it. Romans 5:1 says 'Therefore, since we have been justified through faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace which we now stand'. This peace speaks of the peace we gain with God upon our acceptance of Christ as our saviour. Colossians 1:21 'Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior' and Romans 5:10 'For if, when we were God's enemies we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!' The bible tells us numerous times that we are born into this world in a sinful state, instantly at war with God. We are literally his enemies until we accept receive the ultimate sacrafice and covering of His Son - it is then that the war with God can end and we enter into a new relationship with Him. A relationship of harmony and friendship and of perfect peace. Once we have received this core peace with God, it is then that we can learn to experience the literal feeling of daily peace offered by knowing Him more intimately.
Just wanted to tack that on for anyone who's keeping up with the posts :)
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment